Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

Ok, Happy New Year to all of you too!  I have the best birthday of anyone I know.  Rusty always has work off on my birthday, in fact, many people do.  :)  And my kids are all home to take care of me and meet my every need and whim.  I'm especially lucky this birthday because Rebecca and her family have been here this week.  We've enjoyed each others company very much.

Some crazy things happened, like Rebs going into the hospital after her eye exam where they found retinal swelling.  They sent her to the ER where she and I stayed until 3:30 am, waiting for her to be admitted.  Then she stayed for 3 nights having many tests and diagnosis, including glaucoma, brain tumor, brain cyst and finally the correct one, meningitis.  She is being treated and feels sooo much better!  The silver lining...they got to stay with us a few more days due to the unexpected ER experience, and she and I spent several alone hours in her hosp room playing Phase 10 and 5 Crowns while talking and laughing.  We really feel it was a miracle that she is ok and realize again how fragile our lives are.  I am so thankful to have Rebecca for my sister.

In photo: Ellie, Porter, Blake, Jesse, Ren, Birthday Girl, MaryJane and Cecilee

1 comment:

Camille said...

yes, happy birthday to you rach!! you are so lucky to have such a beautiful family and you are beaming! your christmas card was so cute, we love your cute cute family! hope your day was wonderful, and glad your sis is okay now.