This has been an interesting, stressful week. Many good things, but an underlying worry. Rebecca was in the hospital again. She had some crazy symptoms including more headaches and then really weird things like speaking a little nonsensical and not being able to recall her last name. So, I would think of posting things and just not be able to get past worrying about her, didn't what to say, etc, so I just didn't post anything. Worry casts a doubt or shadow over everything. We are so thankful that she is now home and doing much better. She was still dealing with meningitis along with a few other things. She is on the mend! What a relief.
In other news...MJ and Ellie had their 1st school play practice this week. They are doing the play Mulan. MJ is a dressmaker and Ellie is a hairdresser. I am helping with the music some again this year, so got to attend practice too. This seems like a pretty intensive show, a ton of work. It was a little crazy that I was helping to teach the kids a song that I'd never seen before that day! They actually did pretty well considering. I was given my music and will feel much more prepared next rehearsal. :)
On Tuesday Chloe was home sick. She felt a little warm that morning before school so stayed home to rest. We hung out and watched Bachelor from the night before. She seemed so normal, I thought she may have been exaggerating a bit. She went on Wednesday morning...Well, Ren and I went off to Disneyland, where we met up with his cousins including Alex who was celebrating his 4th Birthday! Yay! Of course, I get a call from the health office at school. Chloe had a fever and I needed to pick her up. What to do? I wracked my brain for a solution...and called my very lovely friend, Teri to pick her up and drop her at home. So, Ren and I stayed and played for about 3 hours. We had so much fun, but I won't be getting any mother of the year awards for leaving my feverish daughter at home alone to suffer. ;)
Ren and Alex love the Astro Blasters-Buzz Lightyear ride. There is always a long line for this one, but we got right on this day. Light crowds = more fun! You can see Tony beside the boys, leaning out of their car maybe?Ava, Alex and Ren show off their Birthday celebration pins. I counted 1 2 3 and then took this pic, and as I said 3, Ren's hands exploded out in front of him! Natalie and I laughed, we weren't sure what he was trying to do.
Everyone loves the teacups.
Look at this little darling Addy!
These cute boys! They were loving this ride. Just a simple carousel but I think they had the most fun! They giggled back and forth the whole time. I wish I'd been in front of them to catch some of Alex's expressions and maybe what they were saying! They make me smile!
So, to continue on with the Disneyland theme...the whole family went on Friday night. We have passes that expire in February, so are trying to get the maximum use from them! :) We were lucky, the lines were very reasonable. In fact, Porter, Chloe (who was finally better from her flu, she missed 3 days of school!) and Chloe's friend, Mia got straight onto California Screamin', which is unheard of! And me and the little kids got right on Splash Mountian, which is always busy. The only thing I wish we'd gone on was Space Mountain, the line was 45 min. I haven't been on that in years! Next time.
Elle, Ren and MJ are toys...Ren doesn't very happy about it!
But here he is very happy, sugar can do that for you...sometimes. This carmel popcorn is very good too, btw.This rocket ride is a fun one. MJ insisted on riding herself, so I rode with Ellie while Ren and Rus rode together. We had such a fun night. We stayed late, about 11ish.
Before Rusty met us there (he came straight from work) the little kids and I decided to ride the big Mickey ferris wheel. There are swinging cars and non, we thought we might as well go BIG and get a swinging car. I don't think we'll do that again! :) Before the ride even started Ellie was crying. One of the worker guys came and talked to her about how it wasn't really scary and they sent us on our way...up! The first time around was fine since the ride kept starting and stopping to let others off or on. The second time around was pretty frightening actually! I started recording some with my little flip video camera, but had to turn it off due to the outrageous screaming and crying going on our car! It was all fine and we were laughing and screaming a bit, then MJ wigged! She just got freaked out and started to cry and scream. She was really scared. I'd share the video but I don't know how to post that, yet. I'll figure it out and add it later. It is hysterical! I can laugh now, but I was a little scared too!






No comments:
Post a Comment