Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday date night

 DMV appointment this morning.  Time to renew my license.  I took this photo of Ren there.  It is probably as good as the one they took of me just a few minutes later.  At least he looks cute despite the bad florescent lighting.  I was looking at my old license, you know the one that was good last week, but expired this week.  It was from 5 years ago and I definitely look younger.  Hmmm.  And a few pounds lighter.  I really wanted to lie on my weight, cause you know, I have plans to be a lighter me in a few months...:)  And in a few months that would be outdated.  But I didn't.  I just couldn't do it.  What if the person looked things over and thought, ya right, 125 my foot!  :)  Or something to that effect?  That might be funny if it weren't about me.  My recommendation, If you have to go to the DMV (which you should avoid if at all possible) always make an appointment.  I got to 'cut' in front of a lot of people cause I had an appointment.
 Friday night = date night.  Ever since Porter has been able to babysit, which is about 2 years, Rusty and I try to sneak away on Friday night.  Get yogurt or chips and salsa or dinner or ...hey a trend.  Mostly we eat out on Friday night.  We may hit a movie, pretty unlikely, you know me and movies.  (If you don't know, I don't loving going to a movie in the theaters, though I enjoy them at home.)  Tonight we did something different.  Our Disneyland passes expire in February so we thought we'd go just the 2 of us and hit a few rides, grab a churro (or a chimichanga in our case) or whatever.  It was pretty packed, but we walked around a lot and did go on one of my favorite rides, Soarin Over California!  I can almost smell the citrus now!  :)  That is so beautiful, how do they do it?  Rus and I think they should make a movie like that!  I bet a lot of people would pay good money to see it, oh wait, they already do, at California Adventure.  We were also laughing at ourselves for not being able to take a decent self portrait.  Chloe has it down to a science but we kept chopping our heads or our chins off.  Anyway, we a had a super fun time!  Sorry kids, you can come next time.  

No comments: