(Disclaimer...I'm trying to load these videos...I've only gotten one to 'stick' so far. The others just aren't working but I'll keep trying...)
Porter, Chloe and Ellie started taking piano lessons from Ms. Browne in September. I really like her. She seems to really try to give them pieces that they enjoy (esp Porter). Plus they have already grown under her care. :) I think there can be advantages to having more than one teacher throughout your learning career. Their previous teacher went off to college so we didn't have a choice, and I think its been good for them. I've enjoyed Ms. Browne because I've been able to see another teaching style and compare it to my own and even make adjustments that I hope will benefit my students.
Porter, Chloe and Ellie started taking piano lessons from Ms. Browne in September. I really like her. She seems to really try to give them pieces that they enjoy (esp Porter). Plus they have already grown under her care. :) I think there can be advantages to having more than one teacher throughout your learning career. Their previous teacher went off to college so we didn't have a choice, and I think its been good for them. I've enjoyed Ms. Browne because I've been able to see another teaching style and compare it to my own and even make adjustments that I hope will benefit my students.
Chloe, Josh (one of Porter's friends) and Porter receive applause after a job well done.
Listen if you dare...it is long! :) Porter played Trouble by ColdPlay. He is really into playing popular music that you might hear on the radio. I've seen a real improvement in his playing and his enjoyment as well. He isn't complaining quite as much about practice, in fact, I think he practiced one day without me asking him to do it. Miracle!
Listen if you dare...it is long! :) Porter played Trouble by ColdPlay. He is really into playing popular music that you might hear on the radio. I've seen a real improvement in his playing and his enjoyment as well. He isn't complaining quite as much about practice, in fact, I think he practiced one day without me asking him to do it. Miracle!
Ellie and these two girls (who I don't know) played a really nice trio together. I think it was a favorite of the whole event! They did such a great job and worked really hard to be in sync with one another.
Ellie's solo was Cossack's ride. She played it well, not too fast. At home she'd race through but she said the keys on this piano were harder to play so she had to slow down.
Chloe and her duet partner, Amanda played a really cool rag piece...give it a listen!
Chloe's solo "Rage Over a Lost Penny" is below...





1 comment:
Great Job! We'd love to listen to Porters piece but it wasn't there:( I'm sure it was great like Chloes! Love you guys!!
Post a Comment