Monday, January 3, 2011

back to life, back to reality

We got a rude awakening when that alarm went off after our weeks of late nights and sleeping in... Porter gets up at 5:40 for seminary. He is such a good kid. Don't tell him, but I don't know if I could have done it! Those early mornings are killer. I set my alarm, listen for him in the shower and then doze until my second alarm wakes me again at 6:15 to drive him. I rarely have to go get him up, he just does it.

So, MJ lost a tooth over Christmas break. She's been working on that tooth for a while and was so excited to finally get a visit from the tooth fairy. Well, our tooth fairy is a little lax and sometimes forgets to come apparently.
Last night, MJ writes this whole long letter to her tooth fairy. She folds it up and places it in a sealed envelope on which she writes in purple crayon"To: toothfairy From: MaryJane Marsh" By the way, the second 'o' in tooth is shaped like a tooth! So cute!
Her letter reads "dear toothfairy, I am so sorry I don't have my tooth for you I had all my cousens over when I lost my tooth they stayed up so late you could not come and when they left it disapeared so I do not have it right now It would be good if you gave me something and when I find my tooth I will put it under my pillow and then we will be even! from: MaryJane Marsh"
IS THAT NOT THE CUTEST? Ok, she needs some more guidance with punctuation...but of course, the tooth fairy thinks she is irresistable and gave her a little surprise. And true to her word, she searched for her tooth after school. I told her not to worry about it, that the tooth fairy doesn't really need the tooth, but I'd touch base with him just in case! (yes our tooth fairy is a boy)

School, housework, homework, etc. Gotta love the schedule and routine of it all. Ren and I did break away from chores to get frozen yogurt with our friends Elizabeth and Chase. :)

Family night was fun! We talked about New Years Resolutions and set a few. I love the new year! It feels so fresh. I love evaluating last year and making new goals for this one. Though I didn't do everything on my list (that would have been miraculous, as it was very long) in 2010, I know I can do better this coming! So, our family set goals tonight.

MJ concentrates.
Chloe shows off her finished list.
Rusty can't do much of anything without this  monkey on his back. :)

No comments: