Raina, MJ, Madison, Anna, Ren and Claire
Today we had 3 extra little girls in our family. Our friends, the Keller's, had a baby! Yay! So, mom and baby are home and we got the girls for Sacrament mtg (their dad is bishop, so he's busy and couldn't sit with them). They were really good. I was playing organ today so was on the stand and after the songs, I didn't go sit down with the fam, like I normally do cause there was no room for me on the bench! Or maybe I wanted to enjoy the meeting in peace? No, but I won't deny I enjoyed it! Rusty sat with them.
After church, we were waiting for Ellie who had gone to pick up a tithing slip. It was chilly but all the kiddos had candy and I didn't want them to make a mess on the carpet so we went outside. The 'big' girls (MJ, Madison and Raina) were up on this wall/gate thing. Of course, the 'little' kids wanted up. So, I set them up there. I was a little worried about Claire on the end there, I thought she might slip right off!
Aren't they so cute! I remembered I had my camera in my purse so snapped a pic.
About playing organ...I share the duties of organist with 3 other great girls. We each take a week during the month and it works out great. We get an email every few months with the hymn choices for the next while. I looked on the email for todays hymns, checked them out. Ok, easy, songs I know. Get to church, and sure, we can change the closing hymn to Be Still My Soul, no problem. Then they announced the opening hymn, and I scrambled, since that wasn't the song I had my book open to. And in fact, I looked at the new one (Gently Raise the Sacred Strain) and thought, oh now, thats a practicer! I'm not real familiar with that one. Drat, nothing I can do now. Let's go. Hmm. In fact, all the numbers were different than I'd looked at! I got to look them over before playing them for the ward though, so that was ok. Anyway, I reminded them later to please let me know of changes at least 10 minutes before the mtg starts, that way I can play it once in my prelude! :) It really wasn't awful, just not perfect. I asked Rusty later, and he could tell I made a mistake or 2! Ugh!
Rus, MJ, Ren and I went to a baptism tonight. Actually, one meeting but two baptisms. Rook Turner and Treyson Pay. It was really nice. We'll go to several this year, since they are all friends of MaryJane's in Primary. MJ's baptism will be in April. I'll let you know when as soon as I know!




1 comment:
Oh Rach that's the worst!! I need at least one run through for pretty much all of them..at least Rusty only noticed a few mistakes, that's not bad..good job!! Looks like beautiful weather there..I miss the sun so much!
Post a Comment