I really do love this holiday. I think we should say and show our love on a constant basis, of course. But it's nice to emphasize it a bit more on days like today. Although, I don't like getting roses cause it seems that prices for said flowers skyrocket for the occasion. But I do love the extra I love you's from family and friends. Rusty and I learned our lesson regarding V-day dinners out a few years ago. The lesson was never go out on V-day. :) Do it another night when everyone else isn't out. We literally couldn't find a restaurant without a 2 hour wait. I think we ended up at Ruby's. Which was great, but not what we had in mind for a 'romantic dinner'. :) Anyway, we went out this past Friday with some friends. That seems odd right, but it was actually pretty fun. And I am pretty spoiled, cause we go out almost every Friday night for our alone time. (Hey, it wasn't always this way. In fact, we rarely went out alone before we had an in-house sitter!)
In fact, we fed the missionaries for Valentine's dinner tonight. We had chicken ceasar salad and tomato basil soup in bread bowls, with chocolate covered strawberries to top it off. It was good, but I think I need another tomato soup recipe. Anyone have the one from BJ's pizza? That is one of my very fav soups to eat out. Yum.
Ren celebrated Valentine's last Thursday with his school class. He chose monster truck cards to which we attached a fruit snack. He enjoyed getting cards and candy, really for the first time this year. He was fun to watch as he opened each. His favorites were the 2 Iron Man cards he received.
Ellie and MJ both got to bring cards to trade with their classes today. MJ chose the kitty and puppy cards for the girls in her class and the zoo animals for the boys. Each of her cards came with a temporary tattoo. Ellie gave out cards that had a heart or flower cling thing, it will stick to windows or mirrors and is pretty colors. Their school has a no candy policy. That stinks, right? But they did get pencils, erasers, bubbles and thinks like that. Ellie was very offended when a boy in her class threw away her valentine in front of her. I tried to explain that boys generally don't care about the cards they are given. They generally aren't sentimental about them like she is. And that maybe that boy needs to work on his manners, but that she shouldn't be the one to teach him. And to let it go. :)
Chloe's school doesn't trade v-day cards, but you can buy Val-grams for 50 cents each to be delivered to the person of your choice. Chloe gave out some and got some. But none from any really cute secret admirer, like she hoped for!
As far as Porter goes...I don't know if high school does anything like that. Porter certainly wouldn't let me know if they did or if he was participating. He won't tell me any girls he likes, and hasn't for years. Not even when I beg him.





2 comments:
I don't know what BJ's soup tastes like, but if you want a recipe I have had success with, go to outstandingfamilyrecipes.com and click on Jan. 2008 for Tomato Soup Like La Madeleine's. I HIGHLY recommend putting it in the crockpot, it really makes a difference in the flavor. You can melt the butter and stir everything together for a minute over the stove before putting it in the crockpot if you so desire.
Your V-Day dinner sounds really yummy..and bread bowls..wow Rach! I love bread bowls but have never made them and don't know where to buy them. Did you make or buy?? Let me know when u find a tomato soup recipe u like..I think mom and Mir are looking for one too. Holli I'll check yours out too, thanks!
Post a Comment