Thursday, February 3, 2011

Four...the Perfect Age to be!

Gotta love Ren!


Ren is 4!!!  This age has been much anticipated, as Ren has a cousin and a few friends who've reached this milestone before him.  When Ren first woke on the morning of his birthday, I whispered Happy Birthday in his ear and his little face lit up!  He looked at me with the sweetest expressions of hope and said, "Mom, am I four now?!"  I was soooo glad I could answer yes!

He had pre-school on his birthday, which was nice cause he could have a 'party' with friends.  We brought his choice of cupcakes (strawberry cake with strawberry frosting) to school.  Miss Shirley and Miss Lisa, his teachers, said he got to be the special helper all day...well for 2 hrs and 45 minutes anyway.  They gave him a gift that he could hardly stand to wait to open.  It was the book "The Hungry Caterpillar".  He was thrilled.  We do have that book already, but there is something about having your own copy.  And Ren is excited to have his own!

After school, I took him to go pick out his new bike.  I thought for sure he would choose the 'Cars' or 'Spiderman' bike, but he chose the blue bike, with no character.  Yay, that's what I would have chosen, but I really didn't try to influence him.  I wanted him to have the bike he wanted.  So, we got home and Porter and I each made some attempts to put it together...ugh.  It was harder than I thought.  Rusty to the rescue.  He finished off the bike.  Ren loved riding his bike all through the downstairs, around and around the kitchen table and the island.  Saying, "Mom!  Watch me do it again!"

We had his request for dinner and cake...pizza and strawberry cake with strawberry frosting.  I did add some strawberries for the top too, yum.  (It wasn't quite as good as strawberry shortcake but it was still good.)

2 comments:

M&M Wilkerson Family said...

I like your cake, Ren! And the bike!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Liz said...

Ren is so big! So sweet how excited he was to be 4..i love him so much!! Sounds like he had the most perfect day. Your such a good mom Rach and have the best kids..I miss you all so much.