Can you believe it? He is 40. He doesn't look a day older than 30, right? His team spoiled him at work, they had his office decked out in decoration. They had a special breakfast at the local "Bake & Broil" for him. And he was treated to several gifts. And let me tell you, these people are very generous! They love him, and though he may be the "boss" as they affectionately refer to him, he always treats them with respect and courtesy. (That's what they tell me anyway! I get an earful of how great he is whenever I stop by his office.) As this balloon states "It's not the age, it's the attitude!"
Instead of cake, Rusty asked for apple crisp. I guess his team at work knows how much he likes pie...cause they gave him 2, an apple and a lemon to take home. Rusty texted me and said don't make the apple crisp cause he'd be bringing home 2 pies already. I had already assembled the apple-blackberry crisp and set in the fridge to bake for later. We saved mine for Sunday night. And we've had more than our fair share of pie this week! (the apple-blackberry was delish, by the way...if I do say so myself)
The kids gather around their favorite Dad and 40 year old! :) We are so blessed to be his family! I can't express my thankfulness for him enough. He treats me so good and is a wonderful father, who could ask for more?!




No comments:
Post a Comment