Our elementary school did 'Mulan Jr.' this year. Ellie and MJ were both able to be in it. Ellie was a hairdresser and mother. MJ was a dressmaker and daughter. They both had solo singing lines and lots of chorus songs and dancing. It was a great little production and they each did an awesome job! The hours that were put in are huge. They rehearsed nearly every Tuesday and Thursday for 2.5 hrs. since January. I helped on Thursdays with helping the kids learn the music. It was a huge time commitment for me and I'm not sure if I want to do it again! :) A few weeks ago, MJ was complaining about another rehearsal and said she was not going to try out for the play next year...but now that its over she is already talking about what play they might do and is excited about trying out. We'll see.
You can imagine the time that went into the scene settings. This was on the side wall. It's looks like we might be in China, right?
These 2 photos were in the hallway advertisement. Cute, right?
I bought the dvd so you can all watch it next time you come to SoCal. :)








2 comments:
How cute..the girls are so beautiful! Can't wait to see the dvd!
Congrats to Ellie and MJ! They are absolutely beautiful!!! I, too, would love to see the dvd. Maybe you could pack it this summer...
Post a Comment