Rusty played golf all morning. His course was very green, with mountains surrounding it. He's never played in a place quite like that.
While Rusty was away, the kids and I played. We rented one of those trampoline/float things to play around with in the lagoon. And also a kayak to paddle around. That was cool, but after our allotted hour, I was very nauseous and was wondering why! I mentioned it to Rusty later and he suggested that I might be sea sick! I had not idea I would get that, but the lagoon was a little choppy that day. We spent some good time snorkeling along the lagoon walls. I have to admit, I was a little chicken. Me and Ellie swam across the lagoon. That was quite a feat. It was a lot larger than we thought. :)
When Rusty got home, he and Porter did some snorkeling and we all played in the sand/water. It was a relaxing day. I loved it.
Porter geared up.
So, later that night, Rusty and I went on a dinner cruise. That was so much more fun than I thought it would be! We went with a group of his friends from work. They were crazy and fun. And the food was so yummy. We ate crab and steak, delicious mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. And fresh green salad and a decent dessert. Ok, dessert was just ok, but everything was really good! It was all you can eat crab, and I had asked for more at some point in the evening, but it never came. So, I was like, oh well, forget about it. But Rusty, he flagged down out waitress and she apologized for forgetting and brought me a HUGE plate full! Way more than I could eat. It was slightly embarrassing but mostly just funny.
Me and my crab! I found out, I really like crab, if I could just get it out of the shell! While I worked on eating all the crab...Rusty took some great pics from our boat. Aren't they beautiful, and really the photos don't do the real thing justice. It's just a teaser for your own trip.
Dessert - presentation, A; taste, B
Rusty, me, Armida (Director of nursing at Rusty's facility) and Armida daughter standing behind her.So, after dinner, we watched a very entertaining show. We were front and center to this set of dancers. We could literally reach out and touch them! They were very entertaining.
After the show, the DJ put on music and everyone on the boat got up and danced and I was amazed at how people come out of their shell on the dance floor! Check out Armida and Shoney (DON at another facility) rock their moves. This whole night was super fun!
When we got off the boat, my legs were a little shaky, though. I guess I just don't have sea legs, as they say...Rusty apparently does. :) We were sad for this day, our last full day in Hawaii to end!







No comments:
Post a Comment