The kids woke up soooo early! I think it was about 4:30ish! Which is like 7:30ish, CA time. Rusty and I tried to ignore them, let them watch tv...whatever! Just let us sleep! :) Then at 7:30 we went down to the lagoon to feed some fish. Our hotel gives out fish food and these cards with names and pictures of fish. It's cool to see what fish you are feeding and stuff. We saw several that were on the cards.
Ren was smart, he wore his swimsuit. The girls should have, they were soaked anyway.
We saw lots of these crabs on the rocks. They were amazing and could jump from rock to rock.
There was a koi pond outside too and as you can see, Ren likes to get up close and personal with the fish.
Hiking! We hiked up .. This was a view from the top. You can see right into the crater of this dead volcano! I was awed, and a little scared, even though they said it was dead and no lava could be under there now. :)
This was another view...this pretty lighthouse were so picturesque.
The side view... There is Waikiki and Honolulu right there. So close you could almost reach out and touch them!
We wanted the kids to pose for us at the top...but the sun was so bright, they could hardly open their eyes! We did the 'ok, kids on the count of 3 open your eyes' thing. And Chloe and Porter did it, but the others, not so much.
On the way down the volcano there was this perch where you could stop and take pics, my stomach just turned when Ren and MJ got out here. I rushed them off as quick as this was taken!
It actually was even a little spooky standing out there with Rusty. I guess I worry too much, but what if it fell, or we leaned against those old, rusty hand rails and broke them? :) Do you see the sweat on my shirt? Wow! We were so sweaty! It wasn't that hot, but the humidity was crazy, as you can plainly see by my wavy hair-do. I only flat ironed my hair once this whole trip. It was this first morning there, and I could see within minutes that I was gonna have to roll with the humidity. My hair was going to be fuzzy, done.
This is the bus that awaits you after the hike. It's called "Magoo's". Funny. I'm sure they make a mint on tired, thirsty, hot tourists like us! :)
We were enamored with these red headed birds. We saw them everywhere, all over Oahu. They were pretty un-scared of us.
This is the view from inside the crater. Can you believe we hiked that? We rock!
Oh ya, more of those yummy pineapple drinks. After you sucked down all the delicious drink, then you could scrape the sides of the frozen pineapple to get pieces of what might be left in there.
It actually was even a little spooky standing out there with Rusty. I guess I worry too much, but what if it fell, or we leaned against those old, rusty hand rails and broke them? :) Do you see the sweat on my shirt? Wow! We were so sweaty! It wasn't that hot, but the humidity was crazy, as you can plainly see by my wavy hair-do. I only flat ironed my hair once this whole trip. It was this first morning there, and I could see within minutes that I was gonna have to roll with the humidity. My hair was going to be fuzzy, done.
Going down!
Isn't this sweet? Ren tripped and decided not to run to keep up with the big kids. He did so well on this hike! Within about 3 minutes of beginning, he was whiney and already tired. Rusty carried him some and he was being a stinker. Then some person along the hike said something to him about being so big and hiking. That did it. He didn't complain anymore! And on the way down the hike, he talked about how big and tough he was to go on this hike and do it by himself! :)Aren't these cool looking?
Shaved ice was just what we needed to cool off.
This is the bus that awaits you after the hike. It's called "Magoo's". Funny. I'm sure they make a mint on tired, thirsty, hot tourists like us! :)
We were enamored with these red headed birds. We saw them everywhere, all over Oahu. They were pretty un-scared of us.
This is the view from inside the crater. Can you believe we hiked that? We rock!
Ren was like, mom, stop taking pictures of me! :)
When we got back to the hotel, we went for a swim. The lagoon and the pool were so comfortable. Not too hot, not too cold. Oh ya, more of those yummy pineapple drinks. After you sucked down all the delicious drink, then you could scrape the sides of the frozen pineapple to get pieces of what might be left in there.
Here is another of those birdies. He's staring me down.









No comments:
Post a Comment