MJ turned 8. She was baptized on April 23. We were lucky to have my sister, Rebecca and her family come down for the event. And we had lots of good friends come to support her. It was really nice. I pretty much copied the program from Cecilee's baptism that we attended just a month before.
Baptism of MaryJane Marsh
April 23, 2011
Conducting……..Bishop Keller
Pianist…………….Rebecca Petersen
Chorister…………Ellie Marsh
Opening Song………”I Am A Child of God”
Opening Prayer………Porter Marsh
Musical #...”Baptism” by Cecilee Petersen, MaryJane and Ellie Marsh
Talk on Baptism………..Chloe Marsh
Baptism performed by Rusty Marsh
Witnessed by Greg Petersen and Lee Hynek
Talk on Holy Ghost……………Greg Petersen
Confirmation
Musical #...”I Know That My Savior Loves Me”…………Cecilee Petersen, Chloe, Ellie and MaryJane Marsh
Primary Welcome………Ali Wilkin
Ward Welcome………..Bishop Keller
Closing Song…………….”How Great Thou Art”
Closing Prayer………….
It turned out really nice. Chloe did a great job on her talk and I wish we had it on tape. She is so cute. And Greg's, of course, was awesome. (Chloe and Greg did the talks at Cece's baptism too.) I really loved the musical numbers. "Baptism" is a traditional song for us, it was sang by my Grandma Helen at my baptism and I think all my siblings as well. MJ sang the 1st verse, Cece the 2nd and Ellie the 3rd. They did a really nice job. And the other number was really nice too.
Our stake provides a dress that the girls can be baptized in. (My other girls used the white jumpsuits...not near as cute.)
So many of MaryJane's friends came. Taylor, Sara, Ella, Andi, MJ, Elle, Anna, Cece, Madison, Ellie and Hannah
Ren likes to pose...he kept asking me to take one more...this is 2 of several. :)











3 comments:
that is so exciting! congrats! love all the pictures and the updates you've been posting. hawaii looked amazing too! glad you got to go and take all the kids too, it's a trip they will never forget! xoxo
I love this post..everyone looks so happy! MJ looks absolutely beautiful, I can hardly believe she is really 8 now. I wish so much we could have been there to see her baptized and celebrate with you all. I loved seeing the program and missed being a part of these important milestones. I miss living close enough to be a part of bdays..baptisms etc. so much. I love the color of that dress on you Rach, you are so beautiful, I admire you so much. You are an amazing mother, and an amazing sister. I love you!
Wish I could've been there! I love the pics!
Post a Comment