Every Mormon who goes on a trip to Oahu for the first time has to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. That's what I hear anyway. :) It was really cool. We wished we had a lot more time there. We didn't get to see everything. We learned a lot about polynesian culture.
Elle & MJ
These pictures are from a boat parade of sorts that goes on daily, I think. Each of the Islands were represented with dancers. They were similar, but each had their own style of dance and dress. It was really fun to watch.
It might be hard to have these yellow feather things up on your head and still dance, and boy did they shake it!!
This was the 'float' with the Royalty. Again, how uncomfortable would that hat be? Atleast he didn't have to dance.
Here is a guy who showed us how to climb this palm tree. Amazing. You should have seen him just shimmy up like it was cake. And it was...to him.
He gives us a pose on his way down.
Here we are trying out the poi balls. I thought this looked pretty easy, until I tried it! It really is an art. Elle and MJ both bought themselves a set, so we can master it at home. I struggled to help Ren.
Me, Chloe, Elle, MJ and Porter all took some Ukelele lessons. We learned how to play 'You Are My Sunshine'. We were pretty good, if I do say so myself. :) We all enjoy playing actually. We've had some fun at home with ours too.
These tiki statues were pretty cool, but a little creepy.
After a long day of seeing the sights of the Polynesian center, we got set for our Luau. I won't say much about that except I was little disappointed. I thought it'd be something like you see on The Brady Bunch family trip to Hawaii. :) The food was ok, and I guess you have to say you did it once, right? We enjoyed being together anyway.
Everyone in Hawaii makes this hang loose sign.
Don't you love our leis? They smelled nice too, but surprisingly not overwhelming.
Chloe got a temporary tattoo. She paid for it with her own money too, fyi. She was so excited about it. Why do kids think those are cool?
We went to the "Ha - Breathe of Life" show. And it was fabulous! We thoroughly enjoyed this show and after the show we drove by the Temple. It was beautiful, all lit up in the night. We tried to take photos but they didn't turn out. My only worry is if they ever have a sunami, they are toast. I couldn't help but think of it, due to all the worlds recent ones.












1 comment:
hey rach! so i went back and read all of your Hawaii posts...awesome! You got some great pictures..so awesome that you could write down and record with photos all the adventures you had. What a great trip and some amazing memories to take home with you!
Post a Comment