Monday, November 8, 2010

Pioneer Trek

Porter and Rusty were able to participate in the pioneer trek this summer. They reenacted some of the things that our pioneers had to do to get across the country in the early days of the church, including push handcarts and cook over a fire. I wasn't there, so I don't know all the details but they both had a good experience. Rusty said he really wished I was there. :) And Porter said it was awesome and that he really loved his Ma and Pa and all his trek family. That is saying a lot because he really didn't want to go. It was definitly out of his comfort zone. Plus he had to miss a few days of football camp. 
(I actually went on a trek when I was 14 too.  I loved it and made many wonderful friends and gained a respect and understanding that I may not have had without that.  I also came back more tan than I'd ever been in my life...to bad it was also the most farmerish tan I'd ever had.)
Porter, Rusty and James
Rusty, Gaylan and Jon

No comments: