Monday, November 8, 2010

Gourmet Club

Me, Elizabeth (with Jill's baby) and Amy
A group of friends joined together for the last 2 years and we did a gourmet cooking club. It is super intense when it is your turn to host. It is very fancy and can be pretty costly for decorations, gourmet food items etc. I am so glad we did it though and learned a lot and mostly had a wonderful time with friends. The first year my partner was Elizabeth Muirbrook. We've been close friends since we moved here 15 years ago. After hanging for several months, we discovered that Elizabeth's brother is married to my Dad's 1st cousin. Anyway, we hosted a Halloween themed evening. I was glad we were one of the first dinners that year, because bar just kept being raised every month and each fabulous dinner. This past year, the '09-'10 season, I was partners with Cindy McCormick. We became close friends shortly after she moved into our ward due to our cub scout calling, which we did together for 3 1/2 years. Our theme was a wedding dinner for Frankenstein and his bride. (I know, how did I get stuff doing October both years? I don't know. It just happened. The nice thing was that I got to enjoy the rest of the dinners with no pressure!) After 2 seasons, the gourmet club has disbanded. But we did have one last hurrah in June to celebrate some of our best dishes and to talk, of course. I miss them cause we don't get to see each other for that fun night every month, but I don't miss the extreme work that goes into those nights. :)

Francis, Katy and Laura
Jenny, Kim, Patty and Kathleen
Jill, Cathy, Jenn and Teri
Julia, Cindy, Heidi and Pam

No comments: