When is the last time you went rollerskating? For me, high school! So, my friend, Leilani and I planned a skating night. We invited the whole ward basically. In fact, "Rachel and Leilani's adult skate party" was even announced at the pulpit on Sunday, which was pretty funny.
When we first started skating, I was so stiff and I stayed close to the wall just in case. Rusty wanted me to keep up with him, but he was so much faster than me. But as I got more comfortable, I started to pick up a little speed. It was so cool, skating around and around. I loved it. There were a few regulars who game me a couple of tips...I must have looked pretty pathetic or something! :)
We could even request songs. I did two, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor and I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyes Peas. My family should remember skating to Eye of the Tiger at the Snowflake rink! With the lights low and the disco ball spinning! I tried to think of other songs that we loved to skate to, but I couldn't think of names.
Rusty and I take a break. When the backwards skate began, I was out! Rusty was nice and sat down with me.
We skating for nearly 3 hours. As the night wore on, I got a little brave. Especially as the I was coming around the bend where the camera was out. I would try to do little tricks or poses. (Hey I wasn't the only one, lots of others were doing it too!) Well, at one point, I lost my balance and went down again! This time I didn't have Rusty to save me, though he was pretty near to help me up! I didn't notice at the time, but I hurt my wrist pretty good. It was just a little spill, but I guess I'm getting old. It was bruised and sore for about a week! It was worth it! :)




3 comments:
what a fun date night!
Ahh, that must have been fun! I wish I could've been there! Although, I can't say I would have done it in my state! (o:
Rach, that looks so fun and you look so cute!! We should do that next time we come out!!
Post a Comment