Especially to my mother. I am blessed with a wonderful, generous, beautiful mother. If I can do as well as she did in raising us kids, I will be doing great! I have often wondered how she did it, 7 kids, so close in age. I am glad she did. I had a very happy childhood. I am one of the lucky ones. :) I am now a mother. I am very blessed to mother 5 amazing kids.
Today was a fun day for me. I felt very honored and loved. The kids woke me up with hugs and kisses, Elle, MJ and Ren anyway. (Porter and Chloe were asleep.) Rusty made me french toast with the yummy homemade syrup...with the kids help. I had fallen back asleep, and was woken by MJ asking me if I'd like my breakfast in bed or if I wanted to come down to eat with them at the table. I wanted to come down, but she really wanted me to eat up in bed. I know I was just being practical, but I didn't want to spill syrup on my covers, so I went to eat with them. So, church didn't start until 1, so we had a leisurely morning playing yahtzee free for all and talking. The kids did the dishes and that was nice. We got ready for church in relative peace...even Ren seemed to sense that today was special. He let me take off his firetruck shirt, to put on his church clothes. (Usually it is a battle, he is really picky about his clothes. I know, weird.) We got home a little after 4, Rusty again made lunch/dinner, which was delicious (burritos and quesadillas). We played Porter's new game...Settlers of Katan. Later we took a walk with our good friends, the Muirbrook's. It was a great day.
Good news...Natalie and Tony welcomed baby girl this morning at about 12:30 am. Nice mother's day gift, huh? Haven't decided on her name yet...tba. All is well with her and Nat.




1 comment:
Sounds wonderful! The picky clothes must be a Broadbent thing because Trey is VERY VERY VERY picky about his clothes. Lately it has been sweats with basketball shorts over them....he gets his cool style from Jed :) Love ya!
Post a Comment