This has been a crazy week. Between sick kids, projects for church and family and school, and just regular life. I felt so exhausted when Friday came. Falling asleep felt so good when I got in bad that night! Here's the rundown...
Rusty and Porter went to Las Vegas and St. George for the weekend. They were able to go to the BYU basketball games on Thursday and Saturday. And they spent the rest of their time with Rusty's parents in St. George. Rusty's dad is recovering from heart surgery and so I think it was good for them to go up to spend some time with them. Porter said he learned a lot this weekend, including how to set a mouse trap. It was probably good that I wasn't there, cause I don't think I'd trust him to set one. To risky for his fingers. I know, he is 14, but he is a lefty. Need I say more?
Ellie had her science expo. She and a friend, Maddy entered the expo (it's not a competition). They did a great job. I was impressed with how well they worked together and how organized they were.
Ren and his class had their Sea World field trip. I have no photos of that! Can you believe I forgot my camera?! So unlike me. Anyway, Ren woke up warm. I knew he was getting what MJ had (a 5 day fever). MJ was still in recovery mode, so missed school but went to Sea World with us. So, though he woke up warm...it was like 4 am and he comes running in my room asking if it's time to get up and get ready for Sea World! I say no, go back to sleep. Then at 6:15 when I got up to take Porter to seminary, he woke and asked if it was time. I said yes, you can get up now! He was so happy. But he was warm. Since we would be outside and not come in much contact with other kids (and since he would have been the saddest little guy in the world), I decided we'd go despite the warmness. We went to the Penguin display, the Shark tanks and tunnel and the Sea Lion show. After that it was all downhill! Poor baby. He got in the stroller and just didn't move. MJ was running all around excited to pick up the Star Fish and see the dolphins but Ren was just completely unmotivated by any of it. So, we were on our way out of the park after 2 hours. We saw a few of Chloe's friends (whose nice parents let them skip school to spend the day at Sea World) and MJ asked if she could go on the Atlantis ride with them. They let her and they had so much fun, they went twice! I was glad MJ got to enjoy it, though Ren really couldn't.
Chloe had her last doctor's apt for her broken foot, which is healed now! Chloe did ask the doc to give her an excuse to stay out of PE for 2 more weeks. And he gave it to her! She is so funny. So, she was in a wrap for a week, a cast for a week, then a boot for 4 weeks. That boot was stinky, ugh (only when she took it off). And I seriously think she wore it about 1/2 the time, like to school. But at home, after the 1st week or so, she'd take it off around the house. Anyway, glad that's done.







No comments:
Post a Comment