Thursday, December 31, 2009

Merry Chris Chris! Wha you wan?

Ren walks around the house wearing his red Santa hat saying "Merry Chris Chris! Wha you wan?" I guess he learned that from sitting on Santa's lap!! The big kids keep trying to teach him to say Christmas instead of Chris Chris, and I keep telling them to stop. I love that he calls it that. It is adorable and makes me feel like Ren is a baby and not the big kid that he is becoming!! :) Anyway, he hasn't been able to get it properly yet. Yea! Christmas Eve was very fun this year. We spent the afternoon and evening at Tony and Natalie's home. Our Christmas program consisted of reading the Christmas story from the Bible, singing some carols and having Grandma and Grandpa Marsh sharing a few of their Christmas memories from the past. Each kid then opened up their cousin gift (the Marsh cousins do a gift exchange). They we all headed out to go see the LA Temple lights. It was a bit cold out, but you know, we are a bit thin blooded living here! The photos don't capture the lights at all. But they were beautiful and the night was perfect. We are so lucky to have Rusty's parents visiting Tony and Nat for Christmas so we can enjoy their company too!
a> Grandpa Marsh and Chloe...Doesn't Chloe look a lot like Joy right there!?
Grandma Marsh and Porter

Ellie, Ava and MJ prepare to open their gifts.

Ren and Alex are waiting patiently.

These kids were so cute, singing their little hearts out! We sang several carols including Jingle Bells and Silent Night.
Just the two of us...for a moment anyway.

At the temple lights the kids were running around and posing for my camera. Aren't they cute!

Chloe
Porter was so nice to the little kids that night. Sometimes he can be a real teenager and need his 'space' so it was refreshing to see him playing with the kids. Merry Christmas to Mom, right?

Tony, Natalie, Ava, Alex and Addie

Grandpa, Porter and Ren
I love this photo.

Who can resist this sweet Addie face, not I!

1 comment:

Wyatts said...

Rachel, Hey I got your message. Loved hearing from you! I also had fun catching up a bit on you and your beautiful family! Wow 5 kids now. I miss getting your Christmas card. I'm sooo behind on these things (blogging, sending out cards, etc.) I guess the more kids you have the busier you get! I would love to keep in touch with you. Send me your e-mail or address or something. Take care.
LoraLeigh