Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Here comes Santa Claus!

Our ward Christmas brunch was fun. We ate yummy breakfast food, sang carols, visited and watched a nativity play by the kids. Then...Santa showed up. Things got a little crazy after that! :) You may notice that I didn't get a photo of Porter with Santa. He ran off when I mentioned that I wanted a photo of him. I couldn't find him until we were leaving, he was outside playing ball with some other boys. I was really disappointed!
Ellie speaks to Santa. She had such a hard time deciding what to ask Santa for. She felt she should really narrow down her list to one thing because there were so many kids who wanted to sit on his lap. (This was all her thinking, by the way, no guidance from mom or dad.) I finally told her that it really was ok to ask for two things because I got tired of her asking for me to tell her which to choose, the disney mix max plus mp3 player or the american girl doll! When I'd choose one for her she'd say no, not that one. Then I'd choose the other and she couldn't commit to that either!
MaryJane asked Santa for a Husky Webkins dog with clothes.

Chloe felt she might be a little too old to sit on the big guys lap. I convinced her to anyway...I really wanted a picture. :) I think she asked for an ipod.

After waiting and talking about sitting on Santa's lap, Ren just couldn't do it! He wanted to. He wanted that sucker! And we practiced what he wanted to ask for...a truck and a lollipop. (He came up with those requests.) He looks like he might cry even sitting on my lap, sitting on Santa's! I look a little silly, but that's the only photo we've got!
He got his reward...a tree sucker!

Chloe and her friend, Madison show off the ornaments that they made.

MJ and Elle were dressed as angels for the nativity program.
Ren is singing carols with this cute group. (Some of you will recognize Chase in the blue by Ren.) Ren is excited about something!

Julia and Chloe



No comments: