Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to the Grindstone!

Ok. This is the first year I have really been excited for school to start. My kids are so great...like I keep telling you, right? :) But they have really been arguing a lot the last few weeks. I was getting so frustrated. So, when school started yesterday, I had really mixed emotions. I am going to miss seeing them all the time, anytime. And yet, they can't be poking or teasing or picking at one another. So, on to another great school year.

Ellie (4th grade) and MJ (1st grade) were so excited! I bought them each an alarm clock this summer and they set it for 4 am!! What? I was tucking them and was able to convince them that getting up at 6:15 would more than sufficient! (School begins at 7:45) But Ellie must have set her internal alarm, because she woke at 4, then woke MJ. They were dressed, with teeth brushed and beds made, room cleaned, the works by the time I rolled out at 6:30. It's not like it was Christmas or anything, but if I didn't know better, that's what I'd think. Christmas morning! They had a great first day, even with the lack of sleep. :)



Chloe and Porter are both at the middle school this year! It is just weird. Porter in 8th and Chloe in 6th. I remember those years. I was really old and mature at that age and my kids are not. :) Anyway, we had planned to go early to go over Chloe's schedule one more time. But her hair was much more important and we spent way too much time doing it. And there was a lot of traffic and the kids only had about 2 minutes to get to homeroom when I dropped them off! Porter was so annoyed. He wasn't worried about finding his classes, he just does not like to be late. This year may be a challenge for him!

Oh, wait...Chloe needs to adjust her lip gloss. Check out Porter...it might be a long year while he waits for her!

OK, take the photo, Mom. Chloe is ready!

3 comments:

Camille said...

that picture of porter and chloe is CLASSIC!! i am so glad you caught that. they are so cute and looking way too old! happy back to school :)

Jennifer said...

I just love you Rachel. We don't get to talk enough, but I wanted you to know that I really think you are amazing. Your kids are great, and watch out for Chloe, I am sure the boys are knocking! They are all beautiful, even Porter:). Hope school goes well. We are still on the waiting list to get in, #5 to be exact. Looks like Wood Canyon for us.

M&M Wilkerson Family said...

Wow, I am SO PROUD of them, and I am just their aunt!!! Porter cracks me up, and reminds me of Marcus waiting for me!