Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I love the USA!


When all the family was leaving to go home after a fun week celebrating Joy and Jay, Chloe and her cousin, Krissy were begging for Chloe to go home with Krissy to AZ for a while. I thought no, we were in LA (an hour from home) and they were leaving from there so Chloe would have nothing with her...clothes, toothbrush, contact case etc. But Rusty reminded me, when do they get to do these things? Karen said they would get her a toothbrush. So, Chloe borrowed all her cousins clothes and things for 2 weeks. And that is how they got us to come to Mesa in the heat of the summer to celebrate the 4th and pick up Chloe. Ok, we did have a really fun time, albeit short. We drove in late Friday night and left early Sunday evening. And had a great time. Thank you for keeping Chloe safe, she had a wonderful time!!! Thanks for having us all over to crash your 4th. We had a wonderful time too!

My only complaint is the scorpions, and there is nothing you could do about that! :) I got stung by a scorpion poolside on Saturday. I thought I got stung by a bee, but then we found the little sucker. It hurt pretty good and throbbed all the day long. I didn't think I'd be able to sleep that night, but the benadrill put me to sleep I guess. The next morning my toe (left, second) was totally numb, along with half my big toe and half the 3rd as well. It was strange to walk. And...4 days later...still numb!!!!! Come on, when will I feel my toes again? It is not horrible, just not comfortable. So, moral, don't get stung. By the way, I lived there for 5 years and walked around barefoot everywhere. Never a sting. What are the odds?

Too hot...must get in pool! Chloe swims it up.

Clara and Ren, keepin' cool.

Mindy throws MJ off the diving board, yes, MJ asked her to.



These kids were in the pool for about 4 hours total on Saturday. I think they were all really tired that night.

Renny

We watched some fireworks from a local park. MJ and Will run around and play.

Mindy and Sara secure a spot on the blanket.

Ellie plays with her light sticks.


Rus gets a little bored waiting for the fireworks! Just one quick nap?

Porter, Clara, Robbie and Camille hang out until the show starts.

No comments: