Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year, and Happy Birthday to ME!

So, I am editing this post to add this photo of my friends who took me to Neiman Marcus for lunch for my birthday. It was very fancy shancy. I loved it! Thanks girls, so fun and yummy too! (Rachel, Alysun, Lynn, Teri, Kathleen, Leilani, Suzie and me)



I had such a fun birthday this year. Actually, we celebrated on the 2nd by going to Knott's Berry Farm. It was just one of those days...you know those nearly perfect ones that just make a parents year! :) The kids were great, the lines were short and things were just good! My only complaint was the weather, too cold. I was cold all day, even though I was bundled. Porter and Chloe have been looking forward to going for a while. They couldn't wait to ride the Jaguar again. After riding it again, they both commented that it was boring now that they were older! LOL. Those of us who could go on the Silver Bullet loved that one the best, feet dangling-screaming through midair it seemed. I also really loved the dragon swing. It is the boat one that goes back and forth, you feel so weighless on that. Chloe told us all a story about someone who died on that, so Ellie was so scared to go on. We literally dragged her on, she liked it ok. But she doesn't want to do it again! Good times!

MJ and Ellie are so cute riding on their bunnies on the carousel.

Ren could not wait to get on this ride! But he doesn't look too thrilled, huh? And MJ wouldn't let the plane come back down. She just kept pulling up on the lever to keep it high even as the ride was slowing to a stop. The microphone lady was telling the kids to let go, but she apparently couldn't hear that! ;)


Ren, Rach and Rusty.


This is a photo that will go down in history! Cotton candy, gross! Rusty got suckered and bought it, and the kids were in heaven! I guess all kids should eat it one time in their lives...done.

Cut the pickle! While waiting in line, I was trying to keep Ren happy. We played cut the pickle, and he never wants to cut mine. Instead always makes his own and makes me cut it, don't worry I still tickle him.


At the end of the night, I was so cold. I even resorted to putting my hood on! We had a blast, but I was ready to go home to my warm bed.

4 comments:

The Snows said...

Happy New Year to your family and Happy Birthday Rachel!

Camille said...

what a fun day. hope you had a great birthday. i was thinking about you that day, sending happy bday vibes to you :) looks like it worked!! miss you guys. xoxo oh, i saw the link to your food group blog from frances, i only have one word to say JEALOUS!! it looks like so much fun, i just wish i was there to enjoy it with you girls!

Liz said...

Glad your day was so fun Rach!! Love you so much!! You look so great!!

Nichole said...

what a cute family you have Rachel. I found your link on AM. See you on Sunday.