Thursday, December 27, 2007

Savior of the World




Rusty and Chloe were in the play that our stake put on called Savior of the World. It took a lot of time and some practicing at home but well worth it for them to participate. It was so touching and beautiful. It was the story of Christ's birth and then later of his resurrection and appearances to the disciples and others. It was really beautiful. Chloe played one of Mary's cousins and an angel too. Rusty played a temple priest, an angel who moved the stone away from Jesus' tomb, and one of the apostles, James Alphaeus. As you can see, they did his hair for the times...! The part I really enjoyed, maybe because I hadn't thought too much about it, was that there was this ledge thing up above the earth, or stage, where there were always angels looking down on all the things that were going on. It was amazing to be reminded that all of heaven, including us, I think, were singing and celebrating Christ's birth! Joy, Rusty's sister, played violin in the orchestra. The orchestra did a fabulous job! It was really quite professionally done. Chloe and Rusty look pretty in their make-up, eh? I think one of Chloe's favorite things about being involved in the production, was putting on make-up!

No comments: