Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mormon Prom 2013

Porter and Libby, aren't they cute?  I love her dress!


 Eli and his date, Todd and his date, Robbie and his date, Christian and Leanna, Porter and Libby, Sadie and her date.  Obviously, I don't know all the kids names!  :)
 These guys were hilarious!  Such a fun group!
 Angels!
Porter and Libby sitting down for dinner.

The kids had dinner at our house.  I cooked, and with the help of a few parents, we made a great meal.  They started with a fancy drink, a Shirley Temple, marichino cherry and all.  Followed by cream cheese wontons with dipping sauce as an appetizer.  Then a strawberry/orange salad with orange vinegret.  Then a mint/grapefruit sorbet as palette cleanser.  With a main course of filet of beef with béarnaise sauce, a side of roasted asparagus, mini red potatoes and sweet peppers and a homemade dinner roll.  The dessert was a brownie/berry trifle with whip cream.
Delicious, if I do say so myself!  Julie Swenson brought the wontons and the dinner rolls.  Emily Koelling brought the roasted veggies and the trifle dessert.  All very fancy!  :)
MJ and her friend, Aliza were our servers, with help from Ren.  They did a great job.  They even put up with the teasing from the prom kids calling for refills on water 100 times!  :)  
It was great fun being upstairs, cooking and prepping, while the kids downstairs laughed and talked and goofed around.  They had a great time.  Then off to the dance they went!
Amy and I getting the salads ready to go.

No comments: