Chloe and her babydoll, Brooklyn
Child development class is harder than it sounds. ;) Bringing home a babydoll for the weekend was a lot harder than it sounds! This doll cried a couple of hours. Chloe had to 'chime in' the bracelet she wore to care for the baby. She had 3 minutes to figure out what the baby needed and then do it, or her grade would go down. She had to take the doll with her everywhere she went. She took it to a fireside, and to church and to the mall. She took it out with friends. In fact, she skipped her sister's piano recital. It was too risky. It might cry and disrupt the performers!
On Sunday morning, after she had been up nearly every 2 hours all night long, I jokingly told her, "Only one more night." She replied in a whining, desperate voice, "I don't think I can do it!"
She got an 83% for her grade on this project. And I thought she did very well. Although, she did try to pay us all to take the baby! But, she was wearing the bracelet, and she would have to cheat and jimmy it off if to have someone else wear it. So, she was mommy for the weekend!
It reminded me, that even I don't want another baby! ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment