Ren's Kinder class took a field trip across town to meet their pen pals. Ren's pen pal's name is Abril. Yes, like April, but Abril. :) Very cute little girl. They have been writing letters throughout the school year to one another. They each brought a little sharing bag to show their pen pal and tell a little more about themselves. I got to go with him and his class. It was a lot of fun, actually. The kids played a few games, ran around on the field, ate a pizza lunch together and generally enjoyed a day with new friends.
Ren sits next to his teacher, Mrs. Bentel. She is british and has a fantastic accent! She says "Bawnawnaw" instead of our western banana. I enjoy hearing her speak. She has been a great teacher. I feel like she really loves these kids and gets a kick out of the funny things they say and do!
As we were leaving, one dramatic, little girl cried out to her pen pal, "This is the best day of my life! I will never forget you!" Too funny!
On the bus, Mrs. Bentel told the kids that the first ones to go to sleep would get 5 good time tickets! Those are like money that they can earn to get treasures from the box on fridays. All the kids were faking sleep immediately! Including these two sillies, Carter and Ren!
NEXT field trip! I got to go to Virginia City with MJ and her class. We enjoyed a tram tour of the city. It was very informational. It was a gold town back in the day. We toured a mine. I'd never want to be a miner!! But apparently it was big money back then, like $4 a day! OK, that doesn't sound worth it. :) We got to walk around main street. But I was in charge of 3 little girls, and they just wanted to go to the candy and rock stores. I would have enjoyed going in to the antique shops, but maybe I'll do that another time! ;) MJ found this barrel full of MaryJane candies. She also bought a few marbles from the rock stores.
This pic was taken in the mine. Lucky we have electricity now, right? Used to be that the miners would get one candle a day to work their 12 hour shift. So, they worked quite a bit in the dark to be sure they had light when they really needed it.
The rock store called "Stone Age"
All the sidewalks were unevenly made from this boards. It was very authentic. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment