Wednesday, September 7, 2011

1st Day of School

School is finally here!  :)  It's been a great summer and it seems that everyone else (family, friends) has been back in school forever and now it's our turn.  It's gonna be a super year!  
MJ is so independent.  She found out who her teacher was on Friday.  It's Mrs. Brown, who I don't really know, but hear she is good.  MJ didn't know her but she has some friends in her class which is all that matters.  :)  This morning was the time all parents go and meet the teacher.  MJ insisted she didn't need me to come with her.  I could meet her teacher later.  She didn't know where the classroom was but no worries, she could find it.  And don't worry, she doesn't need me to pick her up after school, she is fine to walk home herself.  And if I'm not home, that's fine too.  She'll just bring her house key.  Oh brother!  She was cracking me up!  I insisted, of course, on walking her to school, helping her find her classroom and meeting her teacher!

3rd Grade.  Isn't she the cutest?
6th and 8th graders.  Unbelievable.
Chloe and Ellie are going to the same middle school.  They were just giddy with excitement this morning and last night too.  How are we doing our hair?  What outfit to wear?  How should I do my makeup?  I know, the joys of middle school, right?  Ellie was actually pretty nervous.  I am the most worried about her too.  Her best friend changed schools a few weeks ago, to the new charter.  So, she lost her locker partner and her closest friend.  She has a new locker partner.  A friend of a friend, and I think it worked out nicely.  And I think this will be a great year for her.  She didn't seem to worried about getting from class to class.  And Chloe came through for us this morning and was really sweet to Ellie and told her she'd help her out.  (Sometimes Chloe can be a stinker and think she's too cool for Ellie.)
REN, 4 years
And little Ren!  Oh man, he is the cutest, sweetest, most precious little kid!  I have to say, he is so much like Porter, it is scary.  :)  Ren talks way more than Porter did at his age, but they have similar dispositions.  Ren is off to Pre-K preschool at Miss Shirley's.  She and Miss Lisa were his teachers last year too.  So, it was no biggie to head off to school for him today.  He was very excited about it!  He missed his friends.  There was only one glitch this morning.  He has to bring a small pillow for 'naptime'.  And I forgot about it until late last night, after he was in bed.  I headed over to Target and picked up a small pillow pet, a cute little turtle.  I thought he'd be thrilled this morning.  But no, he cried and said he wanted a different one!  We dropped by Ralphs grocery store, of all places, on our way to his school to see if they had one he'd want.  And he picked a penguin.  Not near as cool as the turtle, in my opinion, but I guess I'm not the one 'napping' on it.  :)

Porter, age 15
Porter is off to his Sophomore year (10th grade) in high school.  He doesn't start seminary until Monday, so is basically sleeping in this week.  :)  He isn't worried, in fact, I think he was excited.  We registered a few weeks ago, but he had to pick up his official schedule this morning so I hope things go well.  I'm sure it will be an adjustment.  He isn't playing football this year.  But, I'm hoping to get him involved in something in school, another sport or club or something?  We'll see.  Photo to come later....he left before I could get the camera out.  
OK, got photo!  1st day of seminary, 3rd day of school.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Cute Rach! Everyone looks so happy and excited...i remember those days!