Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall = School, Soccer & Football

I always look forward to fall.  I love school supply shopping!  I love purchasing pads of paper, pens, pencils, erasers, crayons, and markers.  School supplies make me feel organized, I know, its a fascade.  But I still love it.  I love the schedule that my family gets into when school starts.  Waking up early, making beds (ok, that habit could use some work!), packing lunches, family scriptures/prayers, and then sleeping in a bit on Saturday!  Love it!

Fall also brings soccer.  Some years we haven't had soccer players, but this year, we have 2!  Yay!  Both MaryJane and Ren are playing and are on teams where they already have a few friends on the team, which I'm thrilled about.  Hey, carpooling saves me regularly.  MJ's team is the SPARKS.  When I post the photos, you'll see why.  Warning:  You may need to shield your eyes, colors may be blinding!  Ren is a COUGAR!  Ya, like BYU.  :)  They both had their 1st games last Saturday.  It was really fun watching MJ's team play.  They have grown so much from last year!  They actually are using skills they've learned!  MJ is a little go getter too.  She is not afraid of the ball and isn't afraid to charge someone who has it.  She is small but she's not letting that hold her back!  She played goalie for part of the game and had a couple of good saves too.  Ren's team, well lets just say, they are still figuring out the game of soccer.  I'm not entirely sure Ren knew he even needed to kick the ball, much less which goal to kick it towards!  :)  It was seriously comical!  I can't wait for next week!  

That brings us to football.  I remember the first fall I spent married, back in '94.  :)  Well, it was really fun!  We watched some football on the weekends. We went to the BYU games as much as we could.  Hey, I loved it!  I didn't realize until the next fall, '95, that this is really what Rusty lived for!!  College football, particularly BYU.  I have to admit, it hasn't been all roses...like when I ask when is the game over and he says 15 minutes, then a hour later, it's just wrapping up!  But, Rusty loves it so much, and he doesn't watch many sports throughout the year.  Now, he and Porter have this thing that they have in common and that makes me happy too.  So, Rusty and Tony flew to Texas for the BYU game there.  Not the best game, but I think they had fun nonetheless. 
So, as the weather cools off, we'll be enjoying these fall things.

2 comments:

M&M Wilkerson Family said...

Liked your post, I sure LOVE fall, and am getting my first taste of the routine that Garrison's kindergarten has forced me into. It's not easy getting off to school, but once it's done, I'm awake, and productive. (o; I miss you guys! I wish I could see Ren and MJ play soccer! Garrison's TBall this past spring was pretty hilarious, right down to all of the kids from his team running (way) off of the field to catch one ball more than a couple times! Also, once it was caught, the lucky one acted like they'd won a prize and didn't know what to do next. Or, Garrison running the bases but having to be coaxed into touching home plate instead of returning to his team (right down to his last game). Ah, it was fun!

Liz said...

Fun Rach! I like the routine too. You've gotta post a pic of MJ and her 'sparky' uniform!!