From January to March, Chloe and I sang with The Orange County Mormon Choral Organization. Chloe has sung with them before, so has Ellie (she was involved in her school play and wasn't able to do both). I have been wanting to sing with them for a while.
This was taken as we were rushing out of the house and obviously we didn't get a great one. Oh well. Chloe's group sang several pieces written or arranged by Brett Stewart, the director, including We'll Bring the World His Truth. That was gorgeous. And the adult group sang an oratorio written by Brett. It told the story from the Book of Mormon about when Christ comes to the Nephites. The music was challenging and spiritual and moving and exciting! I loved it! I so looked forward to Thursday night rehearsals. And the 3+ hours would literally fly by! It was so great.
None of our family is participating this quarter because we have a Broadbent family reunion the weekend of the performances. I hope we will be back for the fall.




No comments:
Post a Comment