Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Time Flies!

Last summer, while driving to Missouri, we stopped at Grandpa Jess and Grandma Helen's home in St. Johns. We had a wonderful time, though short, with them. While there, Grandma mentioned a bag of clothes that were ours as kids. Mom had stored them in the basement, probably when they moved to MO. Anyway, Liz and I had a fun time going through them, they brought back good memories. Mom always dressed us so cute, in fun bright colors! I was so excited when I found this red and white dress that mom made for me! And Liz was so excited to find that same dress that mom made for her! :) We both loved that dress! It fits MaryJane and she wore it to church last week. It is a timeless dress, don't you think? LOL I still love it, and it I loved seeing her wear it!

MaryJane age 6, 2009

Broadbent kids, 1984
See, Liz, I have proof! I'm wearing it!
Mom made all the dresses in this photo. Right, Mom? I think that is right. We are so adorable, huh? I'll try to guess on our ages...
Miriam, 2; Liz, 3; Jesse, 5; Ben, 6; Rachel (me), 8; Jed, 6 months or so; Rebecca, 9
How'd I do, Mom?

3 comments:

Liz said...

Rach, how cute!! MJ looks adorable in the dress. I don't even remember seeing that last summer! I'm glad it's in good enough condition for MJ to wear it, she is sooo cute!

Rebecca said...

rachel, I know that my dress is Jessica McClintock. Mom added the burgundy ribbon though. I wore in the little miss pageant. I won 1st runner up.

Rebecca said...

Rach - I don't know how I know this - but if my memory serves me - I know mom didn't make any of the dresses except maybe yours. I never wore the red one I didn't think she made it but if doesn't have a tag in it.