I am not a funny person. I really love funny people though! Ellie certainly has a good funny bone! And she displayed a little of it on this April Fools Day! Bright and early, she got up and went downstairs before anyone else did. She secretly traded the bags that were in the boxes of cereal! What a little sneak! So, Porter came downstairs and poured himself a bowl of what he thought were honeycombs. Whoops, he got chex. He was confused! Not a minute later, Chloe arrived to pour herself a bowl...Ellie was so good at keeping a straight face too. Once I discovered her prank, I couldn't help but giggle a bit! Chloe was none to pleased! :) I thought this was a very clever little trick. And we all had a good laugh!
Ok, fast forward to after school. I picked up the girls as usual. They piled into the car and Ellie immediately tells me not to be mad but that she got a blue slip today. (Our school sends home blue slips for bad behavior.) I was quite surprised because this is very unlike her. She is a model student. (Not to brag or anything.) Then she started in on all the things she did wrong...like she was missing homework, was making poor behavior choices in class and that she was benched during recess. This did not sound legit! I started laughing and said you can't trick me!
So...
Fast forward to when Rusty comes home from work. It's bed time and the kids are tucked in and Ellie comes in to me and asks if she can do the blue slip thing to dad. Of course! She takes the blue slip (written on by her teacher, I might add) and tells him that he needs to sign it. He looks at it and says wow, this is serious Ellie. Have you talked to mom about this? She answers yes and says come on dad, just sign it. He says no, he wants to talk to me about this. I've been listening upstairs in the hall the whole time...trying to not giggle at his serious tone. I come downstairs and he looks at me as I'm trying not to smile and says something like this is not a laughing matter...Ellie is smiling too. Finally, I can't take it any longer and laugh outright and Ellie says April Fools! She got him big time!
I'm surprised Rusty didn't have any good ones up his sleeve this year. He usually tries to pull a few fast ones on me!
Ok, fast forward to after school. I picked up the girls as usual. They piled into the car and Ellie immediately tells me not to be mad but that she got a blue slip today. (Our school sends home blue slips for bad behavior.) I was quite surprised because this is very unlike her. She is a model student. (Not to brag or anything.) Then she started in on all the things she did wrong...like she was missing homework, was making poor behavior choices in class and that she was benched during recess. This did not sound legit! I started laughing and said you can't trick me!
So...
Fast forward to when Rusty comes home from work. It's bed time and the kids are tucked in and Ellie comes in to me and asks if she can do the blue slip thing to dad. Of course! She takes the blue slip (written on by her teacher, I might add) and tells him that he needs to sign it. He looks at it and says wow, this is serious Ellie. Have you talked to mom about this? She answers yes and says come on dad, just sign it. He says no, he wants to talk to me about this. I've been listening upstairs in the hall the whole time...trying to not giggle at his serious tone. I come downstairs and he looks at me as I'm trying not to smile and says something like this is not a laughing matter...Ellie is smiling too. Finally, I can't take it any longer and laugh outright and Ellie says April Fools! She got him big time!
I'm surprised Rusty didn't have any good ones up his sleeve this year. He usually tries to pull a few fast ones on me!




3 comments:
that is hilarious! what a funny girl...and all on her own. my joke of the kids getting 100 bucks a week for allowance from now on was a funny one, but only to me ;)
That is too funny!
how is she old enough?!
Post a Comment