Monday, December 12, 2011

Update: Reno, NV

Just giving you all an update on moving plans.  Contrary to what we said in the past, we will not be moving at the end of December, but on January 20th.  Porter can't transfer until then, if he wants to get credit for his current school classes that is.  It works out perfectly actually, because then he can start in Reno on their 1st day of new semester, the 23th.  It's all falling into place.

We sold our home, after 2 weeks of being on the market, and 2 offers, with 1 back up offer.  Escrow closes around January 5th.  We will rent back until the 20th.  We will probably pay more in rent for those 2 weeks, than we pay for a months mortgage now!  :)

Anyway, no packing yet.  We are waiting until after Christmas.  Then we'll get started.  Things are already pretty organized (except the garage) due to getting the house ready to sell.  I've talked to a few moving companies.  And yikes, it's expensive to move.  I had no idea.  We don't have a place yet.  We are going up this coming weekend, to scout out some things.  Rusty and I have spent hours online checking out schools and homes for sale and rent.  I think we've narrowed down where we want to be.

It's all very exciting and a bit sad too.

2 comments:

Marilyn Broadbent Oveson said...

I'm excited for you! It will be a great experience for all of you. I just know people will love you and love having your wonderful family in Reno. You should talk to Dan and Chandi, they lived there...

M&M Wilkerson Family said...

wow, that was quick! Didn't realize it had sold, but can't say I'm surprised! Funny, talked to you today about Ellie, and there she is! Love you, and btw, the first idea I had for her is what I got! Turns out, another company makes them! (o: Love you...