The yearly Fathers 'N Sons campout was so fun for the boys. This was Ren's first one and he can't wait for the next! He still talks about this stuff months later.
The main topic I heard about was the zip line. Apparently this is the view from the top, you can see a line of cord on the top left of the photo. Looks rocky and cactusy, don't fall.
Porter gets set to zip!
Does Ren look ready? Ok, the story goes like this. Rusty waited at the bottom to 'catch' Renny when he came down. There were 2 lines going at a time, so Porter was supposed to go right along side Ren. So, Porter says, hey Ren, you ready? And Ren says, ya. So, Porter gets going and Ren is right next to him walking to the edge. And Porter zips off, and Ren just stops...right at the edge. Couldn't do it! (hey, I don't know if I could either!) Anyway, Rusty went up to help him try again. And held his hand this time so he would actually take the initial leap off the edge. Ren still talks about this, as do all the boys in our ward. I guess Ren was the youngest kid to zip line and everyone got a kick out of watching this exchange.




1 comment:
okay, so that is the cutest story and picture of Rusty 'n Ren to go along with it! I'm thinking there's a life lesson in there somewhere!
Post a Comment