Chocolate Cake, anyone? This enormous, gargantuan, chocolate, chocolate cake was given to Rusty by his friends at work. No, I didn't make this 7 layer, delicious cake. I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and he asked me what kind of box we already had. I said chocolate, lemon and spice. He decided on lemon. That is Rus. A little practical, and thinking of what would be easiest for me. His team at work took him to breakfast at Denny's, where they also gave him this scrumptious, huge cake. They didn't even cut into it, and told him to bring it home. So, he called me and said, don't make a cake, I'm bringing one home. And bring it home, he did! And it was good. Very, very good! As you can see, we hardly made a dent in it.
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! We love you dear, Rusty! Happy Birthday to you! And many more... We couldn't possibly fit 39 candles on, the cake wasn't THAT big. So, we put on 9 candles.
A wish was made and the candles blown out, with a bit of help from Ren! He is so cute over there blowing away! And Chloe couldn't help put add her pose to the joy of the event.
At a ward activity recently, we had ribs (and many other delicious things, I must say). That was not your normal ward activity! :) But anyway, I got the recipe for the ribs since they were so fabulous! And I've never made ribs, ever. I've left that up to Chili's or Claim Jumper in the past. But the recipe was so simple. And they turned out so good! The only thing was, I didn't realize that everyone would eat so many ribs! They were definitely a hit. Next time, I'll make more.Rusty's Birthday BBQ Ribs
1 rack of pork ribs (I got mine at Costco.)
Rub ribs with salt, pepper and minced garlic. Place single layer in pan that is suitable for oven. (I used a disposable one. I need to get a larger roaster.) Cover with foil.
Bake at 350 for 3 hours.
Pull out pan, remove foil and cover ribs with bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays.)
Broil this for another 10 minutes or so...be careful, don't burn it...it took way too long and is too expensive to burn!! :)
Broil this for another 10 minutes or so...be careful, don't burn it...it took way too long and is too expensive to burn!! :)
I served this with mashed potatoes and asparagus, and a nice green salad. Delish!





1 comment:
Happy 39th Bday Rus! Looks like ya'll had a nice evening together and the food looks Yummo! Good job Rach, and thanks for the recipe. I'll have to give that a go sometime soon.
Post a Comment