February is here, whether we like it or not! I do like it though.
My baby is 3 years old! He is the sweetest little guy ever, his only competition being Porter in my opinion. (Seriously, I'm not biased.)
My baby is 3 years old! He is the sweetest little guy ever, his only competition being Porter in my opinion. (Seriously, I'm not biased.)
Ren loves his birthday balloons. We went to the grocery store earlier in the day and picked those up while there. We brought his friend, Chase with us. The store balloon girl was really nice to them and gave them suckers and let them pick out all the balloon colors and ribbons. They loved it.
Make a wish!
Here are a few favorites and facts about Renny.
TV show: Little Bear (all my kids have loved this show, I might have put this on more than others at first - hey I love it too - but now he asks for it all the time)
Food: Chips (doritos I think)
Color: orange (atleast that is what he said when I asked him, he actually does know his colors pretty well)
Movie: Cars, Toy Story, Shrek (ugh, I almost didn't put this, I am a little embarrassed we have Shrek in our collection but he does really like it)
Toy: If it is a car, truck or motorcycle, it is Ren's favorite!
Clothes: Yes, Ren has favorite clothes. His fav shirt right now is this Toy Story one that Aunt Natalie gave him. Before that it was this orange shirt with a dump truck on it. Before that it was a Diego shirt that Aunt Liz gave him. He is very picky about his clothes, no plain white t's for Ren. Oh, and he really loves jeans, prefering these over khakis or navy pants. :)
Animal: Interestingly, he loves dogs but is scared to death of them. Our friends just got a puppy and he always asks to play with her, but won't go near her when he gets the opportunity. He also asks for his own dog all the time. Go figure.
Ren also loves to play games. I think one of his favorites is hide-n-seek. Rusty plays with him on Saturday and Sunday mornings, before I'm even awake. I hear Ren rushing to hide behind the door or in my closet (he is always knocking down my clothes). Or I hear him counting 1, 2, 7, 8! Ready mumble mumble, hear I come! (We'll work some more on the counting.)
Ren always loves to wrestle. This is usually done with Dad or Porter, but sometimes I am his only option and he must put up with my poor wrestling skills.

Ren likes to sing. He used to sing really loudly to all the hymns in church, just whatever words he wanted..."My dad is nice, Porter likes me, I like nursery" you know stuff like that. I haven't noticed that lately. But he does sing the best he can anyway, at our FHEs. The usual songs are "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", where everyone pops up high in the sky on the word beam. (It gets a little wild.) And "Popcorn Popping". I need to video him singing that. It is precious, mostly mumble, mumble popping...mumble mumble popping, with lots of actions. Obviously, I'm crazy about this little guy.

Ren doesn't like to climb the stairs. He regularly complains something like, "my stomach hurts" whenever it's time to walk up. That's my cue to pick him up and cart him to the top. Lately, I can hardly heft his 30+ lbs up there.
He likes to be read to. I don't do it near enough. In fact, I often ask Ellie and MJ to go read to him. That makes me sad. I will do it more often.
I am so thankful for Ren.




1 comment:
I'm so thankful for Ren too. He is the sweetest little guy!! Happy 3rd Bday Renny!
Post a Comment