Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School!


The kids started school today! Ellie is in 2nd grade, Chloe in 4th and my oldest baby, Porter started 6th grade...middle school! Time flies! Everyone was pretty nervous and excited to begin anew, especially Porter. I was a little nervous for him actually. But when I picked him up he said it was easier than he thought it would be. Of course, I wanted to hear every detail. But he is pretty quiet about it. No, he wasn't late for any of his classes. Yes, he liked his teachers. Yes, there were some kids in his classes that he knew. The only info he really offered was that he got this cool ID card that he was really stoked about! When Chloe saw it she was practically drooling and burst out "I can't wait till I'm in middle school!" 2 more years! All in all, it turned out well. They are all tired from getting up way too early but by next week, theyll be in the groove. MaryJane didn't have pre-school today. She was not happy about that. So, I promised to take her to her favorite place for lunch, Sharkies! We met some friends there and she was happy. Tomorrow is her big day!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Who knew an ID card ment so much. That's so funny. Your kiddies are so cute. I bet tomorrow is going to feel so good having everyone in school except for you and Ren. Enjoy

Camille said...

I can not believe porter is in middle school! your kids are so cute and have grown up so much. even makenzie was like, "they have all grown up so much!" little does she know you say the same thing about her :) your kids are as cute as ever, we miss you guys and can't wait to see you again sometime!

Ann Marie said...

Just discovered your blog - love it!

Emily said...

Hey Rachel~ Love your blog! Your kids are all so cute! We need Cami to get a blog now and that would really keep us in touch. Is she in San Diego?