Sunday, August 19, 2007

Summer fun!



Hi everyone! Been a while...busy summer. Here are a couple of highlights of the past month or so. Ren is rolling around. He is such a roly-poly, we just can't get enough of him! He is keeping me busy! He makes the funniest face, scrunching up his little nose...he does it all the time and I finally got a photo! He is getting so big for his infant seat. His chubby legs are hanging over the edge, I have to be careful not to bump his little toes while moving the seat in and out of the car. And heavy! Today, after lugging him in to church in that seat, I decided this would be the last time! I just can't carry that around anymore! His nap time is right mid-church, so it is nice to have a place to put him down if we get lucky enough to have him sleep, maybe I'll start bringing in his stroller! :) We've been swimming quite a bit. The kids love the water! They like the beach, but rarely want to go. I drag them down anyway, then I have to drag them home they are having so much fun! They request the pool more often. Porter is receiving his Arrow of Light award in cub scouts this week. He earned it several months ago, and we are finally having a pack meeting on thursday. (He is 11, and has been going to that group for 2 months.) Chloe had fun this last weekend at her friends birthday/High School Musical 2 Party! My girls have been anticipating the movie since it was announced! Chloe has been going around singing 'Fabulous', and I am glad it finally has come and gone! Maybe I'll stop hearing that song in my head over and over, it has a catchy tune! Ellie and MJ watched it at home that night too. It actually was pretty cute. (Yes, I watched it too, just not until the next day!) And did anyone read Harry Potter 7 yet? Rusty finished it but I am going back and reading 4 right now, cause I don't remember what happens in previous ones it has been so long since I read them. Chloe and I are reading 4 together, Porter just finished it and is working on 5. (We told him he couldn't watch the 4th movie, which is rated PG13 unless he read the book, so he did.)

3 comments:

Petersen said...

Such a cute photo. Good to catch up on the activities. I will just have to wait for those moments with Cece as she gets to that age of parties and singing.

Finished book 7 couple of weeks ago and as Rebecca doesn't like surprises, I filled her in on the highlights. I will spare all you others out there.

Liz said...

Oh my gosh Rach, that picture of Ren is awesome--I can't believe you got it! He is so adorable, I love to kiss him!!!

Camille said...

sounds like you have been busy, I can totally relate! Ren is such a cutie, I love the chubbiness. Your kids are so cute, oh, we stopped hauling those carseats at about 4 months, the twins were just too big, and they rarely slept in church anyways. my suggestion, ditch the seat!