Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

Can you believe it is 2010? I think when I was younger (like 19 and under) I never pictured myself this far. I always thought about 2000. Now that would be a milestone, and it was. Now, a decade later. Whew.
To celebrate, Liz and Charlie came for New Year's Eve. We went rollerskating. Yes, just us 'big kids'. It was so much fun. I think we were nearly the only adults on the rink. Little kids were everywhere. Some of them just flying by us, others falling front of us. I am one of those that can't stop without running into a wall or something, so I nearly ran over several kids. There was one little girl, she must have been about 7 years old, who was doing tricks. I enjoyed watching her. It was pretty funny watching Rusty and Charlie do the hokey pokey on rollerskates too!

Rusty tried doing some tricks. He wasn't bad, actually.

Liz and I were taken back to our childhood...ok, I was. Liz doesn't remember skating in Snowflake very much. I guess she was pretty young. FYI: Skating is quite the workout.


Waiting for the ball to drop, Ren holds Beaudie with a little help from Charlie.



So, with every new years, comes a birthday for me. Liz baked this cake for me. It was very festive. And yes, I'm still in my pj's. We had to sing and have cake before they left for home (Charlie had to get to work) so we had cake at 11:30 am. I had 5 candles, representing my 35 years. I love cake in the morning.

Make a wish...

Rusty helped me celebrate by taking me out for a nice dinner. That is probably my favorite things to do when I go out. Just hanging out and talking to Rusty, while eating a good meal that I didn't have to make!





1 comment:

Liz said...

We had so much fun celebrating New Year's and your birthday with you guys Rach! I love the skating pics, that will always be a fun memory! I'm so grateful you're my sister, and love you soooo much! I can't wait for our next get-together!